Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A snap shot of liberal hypocrisy, Robert Byrd vs Strom Thurmond.



I'm not a compassionate conservative as George Bush termed the phrase. Conservatism is all about compassion.I'm not going to trash Robert Byrd's life in death. What I will do however is expose yet again the double standard treatment by the left and their allies in the media in the coverage of Robert Byrd over his career in comparison with the late Strom Thurmond. I can't help not to laugh at the kid glove treatment Former Senator Robert Byrd received by Democrats and the media. Byrd once referred to Dr. Martin Luther King as a "negro troublemaker". The media recently tried to destroy Rand Paul for daring to engage Rachael Madcow in a philosophical debate over the 1964 Civil Rights Act. It didn't take long for liberals to start making childish attack phrases again Rand like "KKK Rand" and that Rand wanted to repeal the 1964 Civil Rights Act. When someone throws in their face the fact that the then longest serving Senator led a 14 hour filibuster against the 1964 Act, they can only say that he changed. Of course there is no defending it. The facts show that the only reason Robert Byrd left the West Virginia chapter of the Klu Klux Klan as a Kleagal was to run for the U.S House of Representatives in 1946. Byrd had some interesting things to say about blacks prior to his congressional run.
In 1944, Byrd wrote a letter to Senator Theodore Bilbo Democrat of Mississippi stating "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds". It amazes me to this day that the left crucified Trent Lott and he didn't even say anything like what Byrd said.



This is why I use the term 'fake outrage" when it comes to liberals claiming to be upset over and issue. When the historical factually challenge liberal left attacked Throm Thurmond as being a racist, they could only bring up the facts that pertained to Thurmond when he was a Democrat and a Dixiecrat. What liberal could never counter is the fact that Thurmond was a Republican for forty years before he died in 2003. It was during his four decades as a Republican that Throm made true measures to atone for his actions when he was a Democratic. When Robert Byrd was asked about why he joined the KKK, Byrd couldn't even be honest. He claimed "he joined the Klan because it offered excitement and he though it was anti communist". Robert Byrd in his book "Losing America", stated that he thought the KKK was a rotary club and that was the reason for joining. Here's a blast from the past of Robert Byrd on Fox News just five short months ago.



It would be a hoot if Byrd's old cone heads came to his funeral and stood alongside Obama. That would be a Kodak moment. I can only guess what Obama's reasoning for fund raising for Byrd back in 2006 was. He helped to raise $800,000 for Robert Byrd's campaign. If a well known black republican or conservative would have helped to fund raise for Strom Thurmond, it would have been as if a nuclear bomb would have went off by the media and the left. This is what I mean by hypocrisy to the up most degree.Obama's fundraising for Byrd went completely unmentioned by the national media, no duh I know. That's all I have to say on Byrd. The old saying goes is to let sleeping dogs rest. Speaking of dogs, this is what Byrd had to say about the Michael Vic dog fighting circus.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Robb said...

WoW! . I don't even know where to start with this guy. lol
I totally see the double standard liberal's make when dealing with their own. It's so obvious and there are examples gleaming everywhere.

As for Byrd and Strom Thurmond, they lived in a different time and planet. A time and planet I'm glad neither you or I got to witness first hand. All we have are stories, pictures and history to go by. But from what I know, it was ugly period in this nation's history.

We often relate the word prejudice to that of race or skin color. In the case of Byrd, was he prejudice? Yes.

I've been doing some thinking here lately Tyrone.

When you see a bearded long haired pony-tailed guy and he's got on some tie-die T-shirt with a peace symbol on it. He smell's of skunk and he's wearing John Lennon glasses. What's the first thing you think of?

I'll be honest, I see a frenzied pot smoking liberal hippie, who's anti-police and anti-Government and anti-Capitalist. And while your at it, throw in Atheist. That's what I see. Yeah, I pre judged this guy. Am I right or wrong to judge this hippie? Am I racist? No, but I did prejudge this hippie.

In the day's during Strom Thurmond and Byrd, their "prejudice" or "racism" was something they were brought up or taught to feel. We can only speculate on how and why these two and others come to have these pre conceived views on others. Am I just as guilty prejudging that hippie? Yeah I guess I am.

Because when I think of Byrd and those like him, I can't help but think of the anti Semitism that exists world wide. This is the same type of "pre judging" that goe's on in the Muslim world today. Taught from an early age that Jew's are bad. Based on what?

You can't judge a book by it's cover. You can't label an entire race, by one bad experience with one or two people.

I can and will condemn Byrd and Thurmond by prejudging a race. Putting yourself above another race is wrong. But I'm just as guilty of judging that made up hippie.

Byrd will be weighed and measured and judged. Just as I will when I kick the bucket. But I still can't stand hippies! Maybe I need therapy. lol

Thanks for making me out myself as a prejudging kind of guy. I hate you! lol

2:34 AM  
Blogger beakerkin said...

Byrd did try to distance himself from his past. Those on the left are really not held to any standards.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember watching a debate between Sean Hannity and Al Sharpton (You can see this on You Tube).
Sharpton boasted about how he was going to put words in Hannity’s mouth on a lot of issues when it comes to race. Unfortunately, the race-baiter has been chewed up and spit out by Hannity.
HANNITY: “For what ever reason and I don’t understand it frankly, 90% of African American voters in most elections vote Democrat. Robert Byrd, a Democrat, a former Klansman, was the Senate Majority Leader for the Democrats for 11-years; I didn’t hear you demanded that he be fired. Robert Byrd, three years ago, on national television, used the N-word multiple times. Reverend, I should have heard you said ‘that Democrat needed to be fired!’
“Bill Clinton was at this very convention, Bill Clinton, if you read his comments, who does he brag as his mentor in his political life that he leads? J. William Fulbright, a known segregationist.”
Hannity pointed out a lot of stuff to Sharpton that should be racist, but Sharpton got really defensive.

5:05 PM  
Blogger conservative brother said...

robb "WoW! . I don't even know where to start with this guy. lol
I totally see the double standard liberal's make when dealing with their own. It's so obvious and there are examples gleaming everywhere."

Yet if you pressed the media over their lack of journalistic integrity, they would look you in the eyes Robb and say that they are "fair and balanced". The media is living in their own dream world. Either they don't see their bias or they are in denial.

Robb"As for Byrd and Strom Thurmond, they lived in a different time and planet. A time and planet I'm glad neither you or I got to witness first hand. All we have are stories, pictures and history to go by. But from what I know, it was ugly period in this nation's history".

Amen to that. Our nation has come a very long way. It's sad that people on the left still believe that 2010 is no better then 1964. Even though segregation is a negative mark in our history, people should still learn the historic aspect of it. The old saying goes "those who don't learn from history are due to repeat it". I didn't hear on comment by the media at Byrd's funeral about his Klan past. This is what passes for journalism in 2010.

Robb "I'll be honest, I see a frenzied pot smoking liberal hippie, who's anti-police and anti-Government and anti-Capitalist. And while your at it, throw in Atheist. That's what I see. Yeah, I pre judged this guy. Am I right or wrong to judge this hippie? Am I racist? No, but I did prejudge this hippie."

Your right. If I owned a convience store in the inner part of Baltimore, I would be nervous if I saw a black male come into the store with a bandanna, drooping jeans and a white tea shirt. If a well dressed black man came into my store, I wouldn't feel nervous, and this is speaking as a black male.

Robb "Thanks for making me out myself as a prejudging kind of guy. I hate you! lol"

lol, I'm in the same club.

9:39 AM  
Blogger conservative brother said...

beakerkin "Byrd did try to distance himself from his past. Those on the left are really not held to any standards."

As long as the media doesn't hold them to any standards, the left will continue to do what they do, because they know they can get away with it beakerkin. That is how it's always been.

9:40 AM  
Blogger conservative brother said...

anon "“Bill Clinton was at this very convention, Bill Clinton, if you read his comments, who does he brag as his mentor in his political life that he leads? J. William Fulbright, a known segregationist.”
Hannity pointed out a lot of stuff to Sharpton that should be racist, but Sharpton got really defensive."

Did you hear Bill's lame excuse at Byrd's funeral to why Byrd joined the klan? Bill should have been the last person to ever explain away byrd's Klan past. Bill himself told then Ted Kennedy that Obama would have been serving them coffee and he couldn't believe that Ted gave his support to Obama instead of Hillary. Bill's half brother is a known racist. Bill's own mentor is a known racist. Now that I think about it, maybe it is fitting that Bill spoke on Byrd's klan past afterall.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it is anny ehhhh Consolation
byrd the klu klu xlan would hate me as he hate you

alberto

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home