Monday, December 31, 2012

Westley Morris: Intellectually, you're still in chains sorry.








I have not seen the movie Django Unchained nor will I see it. It's just not my kind of movie. Besides I could put my ten dollars to better use like buying three gallons of gasoline to last me two days if I am lucky. I have nothing bad to say about the movie nor do I care about it. What I do care about is having to read snark storeies by pseudo intellectual progressives who want to use a movie like this in order to attack black people who have an opposing point of view then theirs. Westley Morris is black movie critic for the Boston Globe. If you never heard of him, then join the club, you're not alone. I don't know of him and nor do I care. I have never in my life not gone or did go to see a movie based on the approval or disapproval from a movie critic. People know that I sometimes get highly annoyed, when liberals use slavish demagoguery to attack conservatives or even Republicans who are black or of other races. I think the reason why these people annoy me is, because these people are drones who for some reason believe that they know what they are talking about, yet they really do not have a clue. Take Westley Morris for example, this is what he had to say about Sammuel L Jackson's role in the movie that somehow included Alan Keyes, Michael Steele, Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain.

Westley Morris "Samuel L. Jackson plays crusty, waxen Stephen as a vision of depraved loyalty and bombastic jive that cuts right past the obvious association with Uncle Tom. The movie is too modern for what Jackson is doing to be limited to 1853. He’s conjuring the house Negro, yes, but playing him as though he were Clarence Thomas or Alan Keyes, Herman Cain or Michael Steele, men whom some black people find embarrassing."

I guess I know who gets my brainy smurf award for thinking he's smarter then what he really is. Liberals do not understand the definitions of the racial demagoguery terms that they use to attack black conservatives and Republicans. Not to brag, but if Westley Morris was to have said what he said about Michael Steele, Herman Cain, Clarence Thomas and Alan Keyes in my presence in a debate, I would have intellectually made him my bitch in five minutes flat. Black conservatives and Republicans tend to take the higher ground in not responding to liberals like Mr. Morris. It's a good thing I don't have that problem. I love to deconstruct their ignorance, laugh at it, and they resemble it and shove it back in their faces. They like to use the term "Uncle Tom" a lot to describe blacks who are not subservient to the Democratic Party. The term Uncle Tom originated from the book Uncle Tom's Cabin from the author Harriet Beecher Stowe. Her book was an anti slavery novel that was released four years before the Civil War. When Uncle Tom's cabin was released, blacks were slaves which means that they were not free to vote. Blacks weren't able to be apart of any political party. Most black and white liberals do not know that. That still doesn't stop them from making fools of themselves in misusing the words to attack blacks who have opposing views then there. I ask liberals who call me an Uncle Tom "how do I run parallel to the character Tom in Ms Stowes book, and they always give me a clueless look. Again, they are not use to backing up their burned out light bulb of a thought when challenged. So what makes people like Clarence Thomas, Alan Keyes Herman Cain and Michael Steele either Uncle Tom's or House Negros? I would love for a liberal to tell me. The only thing that I can mention about the four black men that I mentioned is that they are all registered Republicans.I said this for over a decade, all blacks belonging or aligning themselves to one party is beyond stupid especially when they can't even point to how they are benefiting as a whole for doing so. When the term house negro is constantly missused by progressives based on the historic aspect of slavery and how a typical plantation functioned. There were blacks who worked in the fields known as "field negros" and those who worked in the main house known as "house negros". Funny how liberals always refer to black conservatives as "house negros". When I ask them then who are the field negros, again they get that clueless look on their faces. If liberals really want to go down the race demagoguery road, then maybe black like Westley Morris needs to look in the mirror. In the Democratic Party, there are blacks who have crumbs of power by the party like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, NAACP Chairman Jillian Bond, James Clyburn, Susan Rice etc. Barack Obama's top advisers aren't even black, they are white progressive, Valerie Jarret, David Axelrod, Warren Buffet, Joe Biden, Chief of Staff Jack Lew, National Security Adviser Tom Donilon, Press Secretary Jay Carney, Senior advisor David Plouffe are all white males.

. Would that make Obama their house negro or token puppet? That is what the left said about George Bush right? They said that it was Dick Cheney who was really calling the shots in the White House. With 90% plus of registered black voters voting for Obama, one would think that he would have at least 25% of his high level advisers being "like him". I'm just saying, these are the same people who were quick to talk about the "sprinkling of blacks" at the GOP National Convention and such. Anywho, Mr Morris believes that blacks like Michael Steele, Herman Cain, Alan Keyes and Clarence Thomas are embarrassing to other blacks. I have to question that. If any black person is brave enough to sit down and actually look at the deep rooted structural problems in the black community, it would be very hard to impossible for any black person to point a finger to the four black men that I mentioned and say that they are the problem. I wish I could ask Mr. Morris to name three things specifically which make Mr Cain, Keyes, Thomas and Steele an "embarrassment" to blacks. As far as I can tell, all four are black men came from nothing and became self made success stories. All four are highly educated black men. Here's a point of note. Mostly everybody in the country knows the names of Alan Keyes, Clarence Thomas,,  Michael Steele and Herman Cain. It's beyond safe to say that most people don't know who Westley Morris is. Does a black man have to belong to the Democratic Party in order to not be considered an "embarrassment" by other blacks? That is hysterically funny.. If you were to ask 100 black registered voters at random why blacks should support the Democratic Party and tell them that the GOP couldn't factor into their answers, they wouldn't know what to say. THAT IS THE EMBARRASSMENT!!! Mr. Morris is an embarrassment to blacks just like those who support his way of thinking. The City of Chicago yesterday just registered it's 500th murder for the year, and I suppose Mr Morris doesn't see the embarrassment of young black males continuing to kill other young black males everyday across America. Black males are standing on street corners across America selling poison to their own people, but they aren't the embarrassment to black people, no, no, no. It's people like Cain, Keyes, Steele and Thomas. Young blacks men are wearing baggy pants with their underwear showing, but that's not embarrassing to the likes of Westley Morris, of course not. The high black teen drop out rate is  not embarrassing to the black community as along as they aren't Republicans or conservatives I guess.What's embarrassing to me is progressive Democratic blacks like Westley Morris who believe that no blacks should have diversity of thoughts, values and beliefs and that all blacks should be as one mind and one collective under one political party and never question their support only give it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the most recent "Uncle Tom" moments was when ESPN analyst Rob Parker, who too is black, made an inflammatory comment about Washington Redskin's quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Although, he did not call RG3 an Uncle Tom, here are his remarks:

"Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother?"
"He's not real. OK, he's black, he kind of does the thing, but he's not really down with the cause. He's not one of us. He's kind of black, but he's not really, like, the guy you want to hang out with because he's off to something else.
"We all know he has a white fiancee. There was all this talk about how he's a Republican ... Tiger Woods was like, 'I've got black skin, but don't call me black."

So, ESPN decides to suspend him for 30-days and not fire him. How is that any different when Rush Limbaugh who did briefly worked for ESPN, who was fired because of his comment about Donovan McNabb being overrated as a black quarterback? To me, Parker's comments were far more hateful than Rush's comment; he should have been fired.

-Big Pop

12:19 AM  
Blogger Divalocity said...

Update: Rob Parker has been fired by ESPN. And as for the embarrassment of black boys and men killing each other and selling drugs in our communities across the country: It's easier for the majority of black people prominent or not to ignore the problem and remain silent.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home