Friday, February 05, 2010

A conservative's day in paradise Part 1


Pictured next to me is my mentor and one of the greatest common sense thinking conservatives I've ever known, Tom Marr.


Today was an AWESOME day like no other in a long while. I was extremely fortunate to have been able to attend the Ronald Regan celebration at the Ropewalk Tavern here in Baltimore. The Ropewalk Tavern is a conservative sanctuary within a city and state infected by liberal ignorance and stupidity. Every year on or around the date of Ronald Regan's birthday, Tom Marr broadcasts his show from the Ropewalk Tavern, because the Ropewalk celebrates Reagan's birthday every year as well. I'm so grateful that I turned on Tom Marr's show seven years ago. Since I've always been an analytical thinking person, I've always been able to appreciate the common sense approach and rationality of Tom. It was so great being able to meet him and being able to hang out with fellow conservatives in Baltimore. I believe this was the 15th year Tom has broadcasted his show from the Ropewalk. Even with the threat of 24 inches of snow today. The Ropewalk was packed to the gills with great patriotic folks from Baltimore and Maryland. To say that I felt like a kid in a candy store is a huge understatement. Today's experience really uplifted my spirits. Being a black conservative in a dismally liberal city within a solidly blue state can be very depressing at times. Today's event showed that I am not alone by a long shot. There are still normal people in this city and state. We get up everyday and go about our business, but we haven't rolled over and given up. We are still fighting. Who would have ever thought that Scott Brown would have won the Senate seat in four months that the liberal lion Ted Kennedy held for 47 years in Massachusetts? Maryland has a silent majority just like Massachusetts, This was truly a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

awesome Tyrone! Just awesome!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Alpha Conservative Male said...

Alan, I loved every minute being there. Several members of Ronald Regan's staff called into the show and talked about how great it was working for Ronald Reagan. The owner every year makes a birthday cake with a picture of Reagan on it. Check this out. One of the hamburgers on the Ropewalk's menu is the "Gipper Burger" and one flavor of their wings is called "Rush Wings" in honor of Rush Limbaugh.lol That is so cool.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home