Friday, October 01, 2010

Does Obama approve of "DAT NIGGA"?




Nobody can deny the fact that Barack Obama isn't like any of the forty three presidents that came before him. Obama has of yet to present himself to the nation as being presidential in stature. His mannerisms, his tones and cynical comments have rubbed the majority of the American people the wrong way for over a year now. I remember Obama saying back during his campaign that he has the rapper Luadicris on his I-Pod. Ludacris even created a rap song about Obama that contained controversial lyrics surprise, surprise. I believe I said that his taste in music is suspect at best, and his judgment in the people he surrounds himself with is just flat out scary. Well fast forward to yesterday evening. Obama along with the Democratic National Committee held a youth rally concert in a desperate attempt to get them to turn out to vote on November 2nd. The concert went off well, but I think it's going to take more then a concert for young people to come out to vote though. Anyways, one of the so called artists who performed at Obama's youth voter rally was a rapper named "B.o.B". I'm not going to say that I am a hater of all rap and hip hop music, because I use to be a fan of it about 25 years ago during the 80's. That just happened to have been, when a person actually had to have had talent in order to be rapper. I wonder did Barack or the DNC do any "vetting" on the rapper B.o.B. because the lyrics from the song he song is what I would think that a President of our country wouldn't want to be associated with. The title of the song that B.o.B performed is called "I'M DAT NIGGA"
This is the song that I guess Barack Obama finds acceptable not only for himself but for young Americans.



If anyone listening couldn't understand the lyrics, your not alone. You have to try and read them in order to understand why young people are so screwed up because of crap like this. Hell, even I couldn't completely read those lyrics. I couldn't find an Ebonics translator to help me.

It's shocking that the President Of The United States would lend his name and approval to this "artist". Then again, it goes back to character.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Robb said...

Tyrone! My man! You're awesome!
I agree with you 100%.

But you really shouldn't try to translate those lyrics. I almost spit out my water all over my screen.

One thing I disagree with. The Ravens? Are you serious? But since The Ravens were the old Brown's, I'll overlook your error.

Cleveland Rocks! Go Browns!

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Liz said...

Thanks for speaking truth to power Tyrone. That video was awful. It does sound like b.o.b and Obama may have written the song together.
"mega pimp, super clean, the coolest in the universe. niggas hatin on what he doin, just mad cause they aint do it first." ....I think that song was specifically written about Obama. I am not kidding.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Alpha Conservative Male said...

Robb "Tyrone! My man! You're awesome!I agree with you 100%.
But you really shouldn't try to translate those lyrics. I almost spit out my water all over my screen.

I thought about ordering a hooked on ebonics course once upon a time, but then I thought nah. My IQ might have declined if I started to master the course.

Robb "One thing I disagree with. The Ravens? Are you serious? But since The Ravens were the old Brown's, I'll overlook your error.
Cleveland Rocks! Go Browns!"

Yes we are going to have to disagree on this one. The Ravens are the Ravens. There are still some people in Baltimore who can't let of that the colts left 24 years ago!!lol I know you are a browns fans, these days that is considered devotion. I respect that. There is nothing about the Ravens that has a connection to the Browns. Art isn't the Owner anymore, there is nobody on the team that was a prior Brown. I will go one step further. Art did have the class to leave the city of Cleveland the identity of the team, the colors and the name. Cleveland still has the browns.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Alpha Conservative Male said...

Liz "Thanks for speaking truth to power Tyrone. That video was awful. It does sound like b.o.b and Obama may have written the song together.
"mega pimp, super clean, the coolest in the universe. niggas hatin on what he doin, just mad cause they aint do it first." ....I think that song was specifically written about Obama. I am not kidding."

Actually, those lines sound like something Joe Biden wrote Liz.
Biden "He's clean and articulate". Obama is at his heart a Chicago political thug, so I can see how he could relate to a person like b.O.b. The only difference is that Obama wears a suit and has a college education.

5:35 PM  
Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

One of the first things I go over at the beginning of the year with my English classes is the fact that the 'n' word is not to be used in class unless it is in the material we are studying. Last year I had to really get on some students about that word, this year's crop of 9th graders is doing much better.

BTW Did you ever read Mary Baker's essay on why she does not call herself 'African American' any more? It's quite interesting and I use it in my honors class with her blessing.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Alpha Conservative Male said...

Vegas, have your students read those so called lyrics. Then suggest to the student for them to destroy any songs they have in their possession that remotely use those types of lyrics. Ignorant people listen to music that is ignorant in nature.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home