Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Associated Press attempted to give the illusion that Obama's approval rating is at 60%








Early yesterday morning, I visited Drudge to see what was the latest stories of the day were. The main headline as big as day was that the AP Poll showed that Obama approval rating was at 60%. I looked at the headline with a stoned face for about twenty seconds, then I clicked the link that directed me to the story on Yahoo News. As I was reading the story on Yahoo about the "poling" from AP, I couldn't help from laughing after reading paragraph after paragraph. The AP poll said that Americans were more upbeat on the economy, they felt Obama's foreign policy was keeping them safe after the killing of Osama Bin Laden. I didn't care about any of that though. All I wanted to see was one variable that AP used to get their 60% approval rating for Obama. I did some digging, and I eventually found what I was looking for, and my discovery as I predicted made the Associated Propaganda's poll look as credible as the forged documents Dan Rather tried to sucker the American people with back in 2004 in trying to take down Bush. 1001 people were polled in the Absolute Propaganda poll, Here's the variable I was looking for and found.

46% of those polled are Democrats, ONLY 29% ARE REPUBLICANS, AND ONLY 4% ARE INDEPENDENTS. That made for a 17 POINT SPREAD BETWEEN DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS IN THE SAMPLE RATE OF THE POLL
!!


So it's a no duh that Obama would have a 60% approval rating when most of the people polled are DEMOCRATS! This is yet another reason why people no longer trust the Mainstream Media. How could the AP put out such a number and didn't think nobody was going to look into how they came up with 60% approval for Obama? I called into my favorite local radio show host Tom Marr around 10am and told him about the poll, he got a good laugh out of it. He refers to the AP as "Absolute Propaganda", and I couldn't agree with him more. I'm sure most of the national and local shows eventually covered the AP Obama poll, I know Rush destroyed it on his show yesterday. ABC News has the poll on it's website, but it doesn't mention anything about the AP's skewed sample rate, surprise, surprise. Fox News to their credit made sure to highlight the 17 point sample rate skew. What was ABC News excuse for not presenting the "whole" story about the bogus poll? Back to the poll, the AP said that "Nearly two-thirds of Americans who call themselves political independents now approve of him,"Obama". The AP based that "two thirds" of the Independents now approve of Obama based on only 4% of Independents they polled?! I coined the phrase "activist journalism" a few years ago. What the AP and other media outlets who conduct "polls" are doing is nothing more then "activist polling". Once again, this is another example on why the MSM is not to be trusted. To the AP and the rest of the media, don't pee on us and then try and play us for stupid by saying oh no, it's just raining.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mike said...

I work for a large national news media company, and I can tell you from first hand experience, working with these folk every day, one thing is sure, there is a very strong left-wing liberal bias in the news media.

A huge Obama banner hung in the news room during the campaign.

Many people in the news media are poorly educated, poorly trained and not too bright.

Many of the more qualified senior staff have been axed to preserve bonuses for the corporate bosses. Those that remain are arrogant, totalitarian with a progressive agenda.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home