Friday, April 13, 2012

Geroge Zimmerman is offically charged with 2nd degree murder.

Now that George Zimmerman has been officially arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder for the killing of Trayvon Martin, hopefully things will start to get back to normal. The racial mobs can disperse never to be heard from again, well at least until the actual trial begins at least. The prosecutors must believe they have enough evidence to charge George Zimmerman, so they are going forth with their case, but I wonder can George Zimmerman actually get a fair trail? Thanks to the national media, I wonder is there an adult in this country who can serve on a jury who hasn't heard of the names Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman? Furthermore, can a potential juror who does know about the shooting see beyond the stigma the media has presented of George Zimmerman being some sort of off the handle racist white guy? When I first heard about this story, I must admit that I believed that Zimmerman was the aggressor, and he might have been guilty. As more and more facts came to light, I retracted my opinion. Right now, I really don't know whether George Zimmerman acted in self defense or not, when he shot Trayvon Martin. When I hear people talk about "Justice for Trayvon", I have to wonder do the people who say this truly understand what justice is.
The definition of the word justice is, the quality of being "fair and reasonable".

When the hordes claim that they want justice for Trayvon, they are actually saying that George Zimmerman is guilty end of story and that he simply needs to be sentenced and thrown into jail. They aren't looking for justice in general to prevail. The reason why I've gotten a lot of flake from pro Trayvon supporters is, because I am not following their closed minded line of thinking on this. I want justice in general to be served in this case. If the evidence demonstrates that George Zimmerman wasn't acting in self defense, when he shot Trayvon Martin, then he should serve the mandatory life sentence for being found guilty of 2nd degree murder. If the evidence however shows that George Zimmerman acted in self defense, then he should be set free. Many blacks and a percentage of whites aren't going to accept a not guilty verdict if that is what happens. Like I said, in their minds he is already guilty. Anyways, I am glad that the nation can now finally  take a breather from this media sensationalized mess. I'm not sure exactly what the national media is going to do until the day the Zimmerman trial begins.  I would dare hope they would start doing objective journalism, but we all know that's a pipe dream at best. I just thought of one group of people in America who more then probably haven't heard about the Trayvon Martin shooting. in Sanford Florida. They might make good jurors actually, I just don't know whether it's against the Amish religion for the Amish to serve on juries. We might have to find out.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I would like to see is a fair trial. I don't want this trial to be a media circus like it was with the O.J. Simpson murder trial.

Well, too late-it already has become a media circus, and Trayvon Martin supporters are profiting off of his name and likeness.

So, how will Zimmerman get a fair trial? How about getting a jury that does not consist of whites, blacks, and Hispanics? Or how about they diversify the jury? If they come back "guilty", then I could say he had a fair trial.

What I'm afraid of, if he is found not guilty, then all hell would break loose. Would the New Black Panther Party keep up with their promise and incite violence?

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In some high-profiled cases that has become racial, there always such bad accusations on all sides; whether the roles are reversed.

Like O.J. Simpson's murder trial, I cannot understand how many blacks would support a man who got away with murdering his wife and friend. I cannot understand how they could celebrate his acquittal and could care less that there are two people who been butchered like animals. Still, they said he had a "fair trial", despite all the evidence that linked Simpson to the murders. The reason why he was acquitted because of how the defense team got away playing race card and an incompetent prosecution team.

When Simpson was found guilty and sentenced to prison for armed robbery, his supporters claimed that Simpson was "set up" and did not get a fair trial, despite all the evidence to convict him.

If Zimmerman is found innocent for 2nd degree murder, he would still not be out of the woods yet. He would be sued in the wrongful death of Trayvon Martin, or worse, the bounty on his head by the New Black Panther Party will still be in effect and he might wound up dead.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every 2 days, this case seems to have a big change, no telling what could happen.

Trust

11:52 PM  
Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

None of us actually know what happened on that awful night, except for George and a few witnesses to parts of the incident. I like your idea of recruiting the Amish to serve on his jury. I wish it could be so. One thing I have noticed is that Blacks accused of crimes want a jury of their peers and are angry when they don't get many Blacks on their jury. However, they greatly begrudge a white defendant a jury of his peers and want whites accused of crimes against Blacks to be judged by juries of Blacks. I was on a jury 2 years ago and very few Blacks showed up for service and the few who made it to the courtroom ended up dismissed because they knew the attorneys, the Judge or the defendants.

12:28 AM  
Blogger journeytogao said...

I want justice for Trayvon and Zimmerman, too. But wth is this in the prosecutor's affidavit?

On Sunday 2/26/12, Trayvon Martin was temporarily living at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, a gated community in Sanford, Seminole County, Florida. … Martin then walked back to and entered the gated community and was on his way back to the townhouse where he was living when he was profiled by George Zimmerman.

Martin "was profiled by Zimmerman"? How on earth does one interpret that? As they say over at Powerline, it's a political term, not a legal one.

I fear the trickery has already begun.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Alpha Conservative Male said...

anon "The only thing I would like to see is a fair trial. I don't want this trial to be a media circus like it was with the O.J. Simpson murder trial."

Too late for that. It's going to happen. You might as well get your popcorn ready, it's going to be a media and race pimping spectacle.

anon "So, how will Zimmerman get a fair trial? How about getting a jury that does not consist of whites, blacks, and Hispanics? Or how about they diversify the jury? If they come back "guilty", then I could say he had a fair trial."

Even with a diverse jury, the race pimps will complain if the jury isn't over weighed with black jurors. In their minds, inequality in their favor is really equality.

anon "What I'm afraid of, if he is found not guilty, then all hell would break loose. Would the New Black Panther Party keep up with their promise and incite violence"

I don't believe that people should change their behaviors or actions in order to appease others from doing something wrong. If they riot, they riot. If they are willing to lose their lives or be arrested over something stupid that isn't connected to them personally, then that' on them.

Miss Carnivorpous "None of us actually know what happened on that awful night, except for George and a few witnesses to parts of the incident. I like your idea of recruiting the Amish to serve on his jury. I wish it could be so. One thing I have noticed is that Blacks accused of crimes want a jury of their peers and are angry when they don't get many Blacks on their jury. However, they greatly begrudge a white defendant a jury of his peers and want whites accused of crimes against Blacks to be judged by juries of Blacks. I was on a jury 2 years ago and very few Blacks showed up for service and the few who made it to the courtroom ended up dismissed because they knew the attorneys, the Judge or the defendants."

It does sound hypocritical doesn't it? That is just how they think. In one breath they will say flat out that blacks are discriminated against in being hired, but they have no problem if blacks are shown preference in being hired in favor of whites being discriminated against "affirmative action". I'm from the school of thought that two wrongs never make a right. A jury should be of anybody regardless of race who can render a fair verdict based on the facts and nothing else. Many blacks do believe they won't get a fair trail if the jury pool doesn't have a certain percentage of blacks even though they have no idea about the individual's mindset on the jury.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Alpha Conservative Male said...

arhooley quotting the prosecutor "Martin "was profiled by Zimmerman"? How on earth does one interpret that? As they say over at Powerline, it's a political term, not a legal one.I fear the trickery has already begun."

You're right, the trickery has begun or more importantly the race baiting has begun. The prosecution no doubt will use the words "stalking" and more importantly "profiling" A LOT during the trial as racial code words in an attempt to influence black members of the jury. If they claim otherwise, they are lying through their teeth.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Alpha, I like it very much that you answer we commenters respectfully and thoughtfully. May I also point out that the jury I was on consisted of whites and asians one black woman and one hispanic alternate and we found an hispanic guilty of shooting a black guy who was a meth addict. So, I know the black guy felt he received justice.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alpha,

I can say without a doubt that when this first broke, I thought the same as you. I was angry. I want justice as well. I'm tired of hearing that those who disagree with the race baiters don't care about Trayvon. That's utter BS.

As much as I hate to say this, I have to ask..How many of the folks keeping this going for their own personal interests would actually give a damn about Trayvon if he were alive? Heck..Half of those blindly following this probably don't even know where Sanford, Fl. is. I'm sure those who almost burned L.A. to the ground could have cared less about Rodney King.

This also reminds me chillingly of the Yoshi Hattori case almost 20 years ago in Baton Rouge, La where I grew up.

The Travon tragedy seems to mirror the OJ case in terms of racial division and tension. With that, I hope the aftershocks will not be severe and the race-baiters will stay home. I heard Travon's father speak the other day and he stated that he wants nothing more than for all people to unite. He and Travon's mother are handling this with class. I'm also getting the feeling they are weary of Sharpton and the rest of the wagon jumpers. Then again, that's just my personal observation.

Let's face it..Zimmerman will never get a fair trial unless it was held in China.

Gil

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home