Friday, March 27, 2015

If a white person orders their Starbucks Coffee with sugar and cream, does that make them a racist?











 I love how the left always accuses conservatives of throwing their values in everybody's face even though they never do. It's usually the other way around. At every conceivable turn, liberals hop onto to their lopsided soap box and try to browbeat everybody into submission in order for them to embrace what they support such as global warming or gay marriage. These people in their warped, self illusion minds have crowned themselves as being the only views that are suppose to matter in society and we all must conform or else. As for me, I just laugh in their face with amusement. I remember when the left was fit to be tied over the views of the founders of Chic-Fil-A in regards to their position in supporting traditional marriage. The company itself didn't have a position on gay marriage it was the founders and their family.  Chic-Fil-A didn't support traditional marriage as apart of it's business.They didn't use their business to try and advance their social beliefs. Now lets talk Starbucks Coffee shops or as I like to call them "$tarsmucks" on the other hand. The CEO of $tarsmucks Howard Schultz is a radical liberal. As CEO of $tarsmucks, he has blurred the lines between what are his personal beliefs and what are proper business practices. For example, $tarsmucks launched a social something last week asking their baristas to engage their customers on the issue of "race and racism"



I'm pretty much an expert at calling out people's hypocrisy, and I wish I could ask Howard Schultz some questions about racism and race and $tarsmucks.

1. What is the percentage of minorities who work in stores, middle and upper management in the $tarsmucks organization

That actually would be the only question I would ask Howard Schultz, then I would sit down put my feet on his desk smile and wait patently for his answer. If anything that I know about liberals is that they are fake. Diversity Inc every year releases it's annual list of the most racially diverse companies in America known as it's top 50 list. Do you want to take a guess as to what company wasn't on the list for having a strong racially diverse workforce? It was kind of a no brainer I know. $tarsmucks didn't make the list. In typical progressive fashion, they are always lecturing or wanting to lecture others about a problem or perceived problem without first lecturing to themselves about it.Maybe just maybe, Howard Schultz should have a talk in the mirror or at least to his human resources department about race, hell they can all sit down with those $tarsmuck coffee cups that says "race together" and have a hard long talk about the racial makeup of their own company instead of asking their baristass (who are overwhelmingly white) to harass their customers on the issue of race and racism.This social experiment lasted a week before it was cancelled or "concluded". I guess who would have ever thought it that people only care about buying coffee when they go into a coffee store. Considering how pricey a cup of $tarsmucks coffee is, I suppose customers realized that talk is cheap not the coffee so there was no real value in talking to the average early twenty something year old white barista about something they frankly have no idea or concept about personally

3 Comments:

Blogger John B. Hefmier said...

I have been slowly waning off of my Starbucks high for some time now, for reasons including the topic referenced in this blog post. I think that I am almost to the light at the end of the tunnel. When they bullied a coffee shop a couple hours drive from my house in Astoria, OR because they named themselves "Sam Bucks"(the owner's nickname, by the way)I lost much respect for them, especially when they did not have a franchise in the town at the time. Howard Shultz is a reason alone to boycott the chain. He does not want my money, and I am fine with that. There are plenty of start-up coffee shops that will be more than happy to have my business, and I am willing to help out in their pursuit of the American Dream. Moreover, the coffee is almost always as better than that of Starbucks, and usually cheaper priced.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a coffee drinker. Since I do live in Washington, where Starbucks' headquarters is at, during their publicity stunt, one day I stopped in a local Starbucks because I noticed a friend I have not seen in a long time through the window.

I asked her when she ordered her coffee, if the employees asked her if she wanted to discuss the issues of race and they never had. I ordered frappuccino, since it always looks like a milkshake to me, and they never did ask me either.

I wonder if this discussion over race only happened outside of Washington, or just was never discussed in this particular store. Since I am a pop guy, imagine if I were to stop to either at my local 7-11 or AM/PM and the companies instructed their employers to discuss about race. I don't want to talk about race, I just want my Big Gulp and be on my way; even though the fountain machines are self-service.

But here's an idea an idea for Howard Schultz: instead of talking about race, how about we talk about character? MLK always talked about to judge a person by the content of their character and not the color of their skin or race. Like he's really going to take that into consideration.

Speaking of character: rarely do I see the signs in businesses that say "WE HAVE A RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE!" Imagine if any person of color were to walk into a Starbucks and caused a scene. Should Starbucks still serve this guy, or ask him to leave? What if it was a white guy? I guess the reason why I have not seen those signs lately, because the business owner is afraid to sued for discrimination regardless if the customer is behaving inappropriately.

Recently, the state of Indiana, which has passed the Freedom of Religion Act, that prevents Religious-run establishments from being sued by members in the LGBT for alleged discrimination. Howard Schultz condemned the law and recommend that Indiana should be boycotted. You think he's going to pull his stores out from Indiana?

-BP





10:23 PM  
Anonymous Indigo said...

Hillary Clinton. The Race Card template (used to support Obama) is being borrowed by Hillary Clinton supporters, to play the Sex Card. They have written some “sexist” no-no words that are not to be used to describe her. Prohibited words include: “polarizing, calculating, disingenuous, insincere, ambitious, inevitable, entitled, over confident, secretive, will do anything to win, represents the past, and out of touch.”
At: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/03/26/the-13-words-you-cant-write-about-hillary-clinton-anymore/
I repeat: He who controls the language controls the fickle masses. You cannot debate a proposition if you cannot even speak its name.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home